Tipping Point Theatre is calling for short play submissions to their 8th annual playwriting competition, the Sandbox Play Festival. Submissions will be evaluated by Producing Artistic Director James R. Kuhl to select which scripts move on to the finals. The selected scripts will be performed in late 2018. Attending crowds will vote for Audience Favorite and a panel will judge a first and second place winner. Tipping Point’s Sandbox Play Festival is designed to encourage and increase exposure for Michigan theatre artists. Tipping Point is also searching for actors and directors that are looking for opportunities to “get in the sand” and work on creating new theatre. This is an excellent opportunity for actors, directors, and playwrights looking to showcase their work.
- Must be original
- No adaptations or collaborations
- New works encouraged
- Plays that have received staged readings or workshops are eligible
- Playwrights may submit multiple plays
- Running time of less than 15 minutes
- Cast limit of 4
- Submission deadline April 15th
Send Submissions to
361 E. Cady St.
Northville, MI 48167
- Announced beginning of May
- The exact number of plays that will be presented at the Festival depends on available space, time, and production requirements after the selection of the top prizes.
- Judges, including Producing Artistic Director James Kuhl, will decide festival winner
- Audience votes on their favorite
- The winning play will be announced after the final performance
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50