The Tipping Point Theatre, a professional regional theatre and 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization seeks a full time Development Director to work closely with the Producing Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Generate income for annual operations via all possible foundation, corporate and individual donor support along with other avenues of fundraising. Cultivate and solicit major gifts. Research foundation, corporate and government grant opportunities as well as preparing thorough grant proposals. Cultivate and obtain season and special event sponsorships. Help create a strategic plan to support Tipping Point’s fundraising goals and needs (i.e. 1 year, 5 year). Plan and oversee fundraising events. Maintain donor database. Work with TPT staff; report to TPT Board of Directors and Producing Artistic Director (PAD).
- Demonstrate leadership, independence, integrity and strong communication skills
- Deliver presentations, speeches, solicitations with precision and authenticity
- Acknowledge gifts and donations in a timely manner
- Community involvement/participation (as determined)
- Assist PAD and Marketing Director with donor information pertaining to business/marketing needs and materials to be distributed (as needed/determined)
- Continue professional development
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, three letters of reference, a writing sample and salary expectations to: Tipping Point Theatre, Attn: Denise Jenkins @ 361 E. Cady St, Northville, MI 48167 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.